NBC Law LLC represents healthcare clients in all aspects of M&A, Corporate, Finance, Private Equity, and Real Estate, and acts as general or special counsel to many of those clients. The firm structures, negotiates, documents, and assists in all facets of healthcare transactions, from simple to the most complex. These transactions have involved a wide variety of regulated and unregulated healthcare companies; joint ventures; for-profit and not-for-profit healthcare entities and affiliations; management service and purchasing organizations; long-term care, assisted living, and LTACH facilities; clinics; ambulance companies; various ancillary services, including mobile diagnostic X-ray and ultrasound; home health agencies; and hospice companies. We are adept at coordinating due diligence reviews of target acquisitions and liaising with regulatory counsel to identify and quantify acquisition risks.
To ensure continuity and reliability, we direct the activities of and work closely with other attorneys skilled in a variety of disciplines, including tax, ERISA, labor and employment, antitrust, reimbursement, Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse, and licensure. NBC represents healthcare clients in the acquisition, sale, development, leasing, and financing of improved and unimproved healthcare-related properties. We also counsel our clients with respect to healthcare financing of every nature, including senior-secured, HUD-insured, subordinated, mezzanine, and asset-based-credit facilities, and also provide guidance to lenders and investors concerning the healthcare landscape.
Represented Life Choice Hospice, one of the nation’s largest hospice companies, in its:
- roll-up with Trident Healthcare in a transaction valued at approximately $800 million.
- purchase of the 11-state SolAmor Hospice spin-off in conjunction with the acquisition of Sun Healthcare by Genesis Healthcare.
- acquisitions of sizeable hospice companies in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New Jersey.
- initial private equity raise, all subsequent secondary raises, and a GE $65 million credit facility.
Has acted as outside general counsel to Life Choice Hospice in connection with a variety of matters, including general corporate counseling and compliance, employment, and regulatory issues:
- roll-up of the hospice holding company equity interest of the Trident Compassus Hospice in combination.
Represents National Home Care Holdings, LLC (Millenium Home Health) in its:
- purchase of the stock of Recovery Home Health in one of the larger recent home health transactions in Florida.
- acquisitions of other home health agencies in Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- initial private equity raise.
- current ABL financing facility.
Represents Prestige-Madison-Northpoint Healthcare in its:
- purchase of the Medilodge 15 skilled nursing facilities in Michigan in a REIT-financed transaction.
- purchase of operations of 33 healthcare facilities in Michigan and Ohio acquired from Extendicare.
- acquisition of real estate and operations of various skilled nursing portfolio properties in both REIT and non-REIT transactions in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Michigan, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, and Tennessee.
- formation and documentation of Gencare, a group purchasing organization.
- financing of a rehabilitation services company.
Acts as outside general counsel to Madison-Prestige in connection with a variety of matters, including general corporate counseling and compliance, employment, and regulatory issues.
Represents Absolut Facilities and affiliates, a provider of skilled nursing services in a portfolio of homes in New York State, with respect to various acquisitions in New York and other states.
Acts as outside general counsel to Absolut in connection with a variety of matters, including general corporate counseling and compliance, employment, and regulatory issues.
Represented the private equity investment group purchaser of Mobilex USA from the Integrated Health Services, Inc. bankruptcy proceeding. Once acquired, represented Mobilex USA in its:
- purchase of various ancillary service providers, including diagnostic and portable X-rays, ultrasound, and labs.
- reorganization and sale to private equity groups Audax and Frazier Healthcare in a transaction valued at $150 million.
Represents various owners of long-term healthcare and assisted living facilities in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Nevada, Texas, Nebraska and Washington D.C. handling acquisitions, divestitures, and various real estate and asset-based financings, including REIT and HUD-insured financings.
Served as Northeast counsel to a national healthcare REIT in connection with a multistate, cross-collateralized lending facility to the owner-operator of long-term care facilities.
Represented a New York City-based bank in connection with various asset-based lending facilities to New York State long-term care facility operators.